Friday, September 3, 2010

Project Spotlight

During my last year of high school, I would go to my dad's shop every day after school and work for him for a few hours doing miscellaneous chores and errands for him. I would clean the office mostly, because it always needed it having two dirty mechanics walking around in there all the time. But eventually it turned from cleaning, to re-decorating. The office was terrible ugly and really needed it. So my dad handed it over to me to do with a small budget. But, I figured out a way to do it. I painted all the walls, tiled the floor, and painted all the doors. I also bought accessories and storage space for the bathrooms. For an office in a mechanics shop, it looked pretty good, and I was praised for it all the time by my dad's customers. It was really inspiring to me. That was probably around the time that I decided I wanted to look into going to school for Interior Design.

No comments:

Post a Comment